Download or Bookmark Call-A-Cab
Use the links and instructions below to download our app or bookmark our page to your phone's home screen or computer desktop for easy access whenever you need to call a cab in Albuquerque.
In the regular/default Android browser, with this page open in the regular Android browser, tap the menu key on your Android device, and then choose "Add shortcut to home screen" or "Add shortcut" (depending on version).
In Chrome for Android, tap the menu key and choose "Add to homescreen".
A shortcut with the Call-A-Cab icon will be added to your home screen (if your main screen is full already, you may have to scroll left or right to see it).
iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.)
In Mobile Safari, with this page open in the browser,
- Tap the Share button on the bottom menu bar. It’s an icon that’s a box with an arrow sticking out from it.
- Choose Add to Home Screen.
- On the next page you’ll give the shortcut a name and confirm the web address.
- Tap on Add in the upper-right corner to add the shortcut to your home screen.
These instructions apply to iOS 7, but are just about the same across all iOS versions.
Windows / Mac / Linux*
Method 1: (works with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox**, and some versions of Safari** on Mac)
- Click and drag the little icon next to the URL (in the address bar) to the desktop. Voila! You're done.
** Note: Using this method in Firefox and Safari on Mac will create the shortcut, but you'll only get a generic icon instead of the Call-A-Cab icon. Chrome and Internet Explorer will give the shortcut the Call-A-Cab icon.
Method 2: (works with Chrome browser)
- Click the menu button (near the top-right of the menu, the rightmost button next to the address bar)
- Choose "More tools", then "Create Application Shortcuts".
Using this method will create a shortcut that will launch the Call-A-Cab site in the Chrome browser in its own separate window, with its own icon.
Method 3: (works with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari)
- Highlight the entire URL in the address bar (on most systems, you can triple-click on the address to highlight the entire thing. You can also just click and drag, or press Ctrl-A (or Cmd-A on Mac) while the cursor is in it.)
- Now click and drag the entire highlighted URL to the desktop.
- On Safari, you can also click and drag the tab to the desktop for the same effect.
* Note: On Linux, the exact results of these actions may depend on the particular desktop manager and distribution of Linux you are using. But the general principles will apply to most browsers and systems.
Coming soon to Google Play store!
In the meantime, you can download our .apk and install directly to your device.
Download CallACab.apk (1.3 MB)
Note: When downloading and installing this package from an Android device:
- You may need to long-press the link if on an Android device.
- Once downloaded, you may need to click on the item in the browser's Downloads list to begin the installation.
- You might need to enable the option "Unknown Sources" in the Settings App, typically found under "Security" or "Applications".
This Call-A-Cab desktop shortcut can be placed on the desktop for easy access to the Call-A-Cab webpage.
Download Call-A-Cab.exe (0.1 MB)
- The easiest way is to right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As ..." or "Save Link As ..." (exact text varies depending on your browser), and then choose to place it on the desktop (or any other place on your computer where you will be able to find it.)
- If you didn't specify a place to save the file, it will probably be in your "Downloads" folder. If you navigate to your Downloads folder, you can then copy and paste it to your desktop from there, or right-click and choose "Send to >> Desktop (Create Shortcut)".
- You may get a security warning that "This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer". We assure you that we hate malware as much as you do and this file is completely safe. All that it does when clicked is to open up your default web browser to the Call-A-Cab website. If you have any concerns, you can always just bookmark the page using the directions above instead.